Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Vision of George Stavrinos

Oh so long ago when I was at college, I adored the work of a fashion illustrator named George Stavrinos. His work was a mix of representational classical drawing and glamor, mood, drama and perfection. He worked for such clients as Vogue, Bergdorf Goodman, the New York Sunday Times and Barney's to name a few. Sadly he passed away in 1990 at the age of 42.

When I moved to New York in 2007 and started going to the Society of Illustrators I was so excited to see two originals displayed in a corridor! Now the public can see a huge collection of this fantastic work at an exhibition called The Vision of George Stavrinos at the Society of Illustrators, 128 East 63rd Street. (The show ends October 19th). Last night I went to the opening reception. Here are some pics from that event which was packed with admirers during New York Fashion Week.




Fabulous shoes worn by a very glamorous guest


I particularly love this drawing



.

The working process on display


Dont you just love New York?

Pin It Now!

No comments :